Author, Actor, Director, Singer, Designer and Delusionist. Blogger and Badass on Geek & Sundry.
I knew I was in love with creating. I knew it gave me a rush better than any drug could ever hope to. I knew it comforted me, I knew it inspired me, I knew it made waking up in the morning exciting. Something to look forward to—something more beautiful than whatever I was dreaming.
And that’s how I knew I loved him. He makes me feel like I do when I’m creating.
Kiri’s writing again
He was the sort of creature that, should someone have been dying in a restaurant and a a waiter asked, “Is there a doctor in the house?” he would have stood with great authority and stated, “Actually, the correct term would be a physician.”
Crow, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Telling it like it is.
1. A relationship is not a contract. Anyone who tries to convince you that you “owe” them anything has no business in your life, let alone your heart. You do not have to do something you don’t want to.
2. Independence is only a threat to those who confuse codependence with love.
3. You can love someone and still be better off without them in your life. Nothing protects you from caring for bad people.
4. A kiss is a kiss, not a promise for something more. Not even another kiss.
5. Don’t anticipate its failure. For all you know everything before failed so this could succeed.
Kiri: What if my court date is actually at 8:45pm?
Lawjick: Court doesn't go that late.
Kiri: What about Night Court?
Lawjick: That's not a real thing.
Kiri: Yes it is!
Lawjick: Here. That's not a real thing HERE.
Kiri: Do you have white roses?
Florist: Dozen okay?
Kiri: Yeah, should be.
Florist: Do you want them wrapped?
Kiri: Oh no thanks, they're just going to get blood on them.
Kiri: Fake blood. They're going to get FAKE blood on them.
Kiri: ...okay, thanks.
Shopgirl by Steve Martin (via mustachlewitz)